Re: Performance Problem with Full Text Indexing

From: jsfromynr <jatinder.1975_at_gmail.com>
Date: 30 May 2006 00:09:00 -0700

Thanks Validimar,

I specified NULL as there was no mixed query . The search was only on the specified column .
I had choosen CTXCAT as it is transactional so indexes will be up to date, which would not be the case with CONTEXT.

Thanks for your Hint and advice. As I was trying to drop the index I was unable to do so.
***

drop index abc force;
***

Oracle had dropped DR* indexes but not the abc index.

I might be asking for more but could you explain "how parse searching happens in case fulltext index is used" ?? In case of keywords , I assume this is what Oracle does. rowid column1

1       This is a big box.
2       This is not a big box.

Full text Index would hold (my assumption can be totally wrong) This 1
This 2
is 1
is 2
a 1
a 2
big 1
big 2
not 2
box 1
box 2
Now if predicate is " catsearch(column1,'"is box"',NULL)>0 " --- Again I used NULL as it is no mixed query and I wish to have transcational index management .
Does oracle also stores keyword position in the index as well??

With Warm Regards
Jatinder SIngh Received on Tue May 30 2006 - 02:09:00 CDT