Re: Estimating size of rman backup

From: nirav <shivam71_at_gmail.com>
Date: 29 May 2006 07:42:11 -0700

Thank you very much David..I shall start going through rman guide...also can u convey ur views on, the second issue on free space..

assuming that backup set will take 15gb, and I do not have a single mount point for 15 gb, (nor i have tapes), then is it possible to configure rman to backup to 2 different places and use that for recovery?

also is it possible to specify a remote location for all this? like on my pc i have 40 gb free space...can i map my windows drive to the unix box and use that for rman recovery purposees?

again thanks a lot Received on Mon May 29 2006 - 09:42:11 CDT