Re: How to increase MAX extent size in a tablespace?

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: 29 May 2006 07:05:48 -0700

jshen.cad_at_gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>

> One of tablespace in our oracle DB shows MAX extent size is less than
> 30MB, while the available tablespace size is more than 800MB. I issued
> "alter tablespace PDB coalesce;
> " , but this does no help.
>
> How can I increase max extent size ?
>

> thanks in advance.
>

> Joe

Where are you finding this 'max extent size' information for your tablespaces? I can find the min and max NUMBER of extents for a tablespace, but nothing about a max extent SIZE for a tablespace. You can have uniform extents in a locally managed tablespace, you can have autoallocated extents in an LMT (which start at 64K and increase according to the size of the object and which may reach a 'maximum size') however I see no table/view which reports a 'max extent size' for a tablespace.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Mon May 29 2006 - 09:05:48 CDT