Estimating size of rman backup

From: nirav <shivam71_at_gmail.com>
Date: 29 May 2006 06:16:32 -0700

Hi,
Size of my oracle 9.2.0.6 database is 26 gb..out of this , size of used space is 11 gb and rest is free space yet not used.

Now if I go for rman backup, can I estimate that the size of backup set will be approx. 11 gb, since rman does not backup unused blocks? or is there some way to approximate the size of backup before beginning it?

also on my server the total free space is 15 gb, but is divided into 2 different mount points..in one mount point it is 8 gb and on the other one it is 5-6 gb, in that case can I specify 2 different backup locations for the backup?

with thanks, Received on Mon May 29 2006 - 08:16:32 CDT