Re: Statspack reading problem

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 02:03:31 GMT

On Sat, 27 May 2006 13:26:23 -0700, peter wrote:

> hello DBAs,
>
> Pls guide me any site where I can read all details of STATSPACK. if any
> parameter is increasing then wat, if it is decreasing then wat is going
> on with database. I already have "High Performance tuning with
> STATSPACK". but it describe only view of perfstat not conditions like
> if parameters is increasing or decreasing.
>
> Thank You

Peter, Don Burleson's book is a STATSPACK reference, not a tuning guide. In essence, Don explains you how to install, configure & extend STATSPACK, the book cannot be used as a database tuning guide. There are other tuning books both by Don Burleson and other people. If you like Don's books, his latest tuning book is called Oracle Tuning, the definitive reference.

--
http://www.mgogala.com