Re: Statspack reading problem

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 23:32:01 +0200

On 27 May 2006 13:26:23 -0700, "peter" <hhh.database_at_gmail.com> wrote:

>hello DBAs,
>
>Pls guide me any site where I can read all details of STATSPACK. if any
>parameter is increasing then wat, if it is decreasing then wat is going
>on with database. I already have "High Performance tuning with
>STATSPACK". but it describe only view of perfstat not conditions like
>if parameters is increasing or decreasing.
>
>Thank You

Statspack is an *auxiliary* package, assuming you have a basic knowledge of the architecture of Oracle. If you have not, you would need to read at least the Oracle Concepts Manual, and/or the Oracle Performance Tuning Manual.
Also most items being reported in the Statspack reporting tool spreport, can be looked up in the documentation.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA