Re: Mail coding problem

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 23:29:00 +0200

On 27 May 2006 13:21:33 -0700, "peter" <hhh.database_at_gmail.com> wrote:

>Hello Respected DBAs,
>
>can we use trigger on alert file and if yes then how..........
>means as soon as any entry is made to alert file I want to fire my
>trigger and send it on my mail, and pls..... tell me can I send mail
>through yahoo id, if yes then wat is server name of yahoo.
>
>thank you

Oracle Enterprise Manager can be set up to monitor the alert log, it also will trigger at many events.
It can also send e-mail to any email adress, provided you have a smtp server in your organisation.
There is also a pagingserver included which can be used to send a SMS to any GSM phone.

Other than that, there is the on servererror trigger which will trap at any error and can be used to send e-mail, yet again using your own smtp server.
You can definitely send e-mail *to* a yahoo email address. However I don't think you can use the Yahoo smtp server(s) for that purpose.

At this point, I would also recommend you start reading those manuals, you are trying to avoid to read.
You are asking all kind of basic questions here, to which the answer is well-documented, and can be found with a little effort on your side.
You seem to think this forum is going to teach you Oracle for free. It will not and you will sooner be killfiled by everyone here.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA