Re: No bravery --- OMLET source code is posted for free

From: Not an Oracle XG Fan <j196325_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 27 May 2006 02:13:09 -0700

> Correction : in recent times it is hard at times not to be *against the
> American government*.
>
> Quite a difference ...
>

> Matthias

Maybe Matthias, but maybe not. Look at item a) I posted

> > a) American atrocities conducted in Abu Ghraib prison are fact.

The atrocities conducted (eg. Lindsey England) were not sanctioned nor authorised by the American government. They were actions of American individuals en-masse. I feel this example justifies both statements:

  1. in recent times it is hard at times not to be *against the American government* (you wrote)
  2. in recent times it is hard not to be *anti American* (I wrote)

Further, I think Amjad is often not making the point against the *American government*, but against *American foreign policy*.

Also quite a difference ....

Martin Malik