Oracle Upgrade Question

From: <amerar_at_iwc.net>
Date: 26 May 2006 12:20:56 -0700

Hi,

We are trying to apply patch 4163445, which is the upgrade to 9.2.0.7. We want to use a response file. We are currently on 9.2.0.5 on AIX 5L.

We are receiving a very strange error, and we're having trouble finding any information on it.

First though, note the values of the variables in the response file:

ORACLE_HOME=/ora2/app/oracle/product/9i
ORACLE_HOME_NAME=OraHome92

When we call the installer, it returns with this error message:

Error:*** Alert: An Oracle Home with name ORACLE_HOME already exists at location /ora2/app/oracle/product/9i. Please specify another location for OraHome92. ***

Which is strange, because item #6.6 of the Pre-Install tasks of the Readme says to use the same Oracle Home when upgrading.

Can anyone offer any help?

Thanks! Received on Fri May 26 2006 - 14:20:56 CDT