Database Creation in Windows (9i)

From: Adley <adley194_at_gmail.com>
Date: 26 May 2006 01:59:32 -0700

Hi all,

I don't usually work with Windows, so I don't really know what went wrong. I tried to create a database using command lines in Win 2000 but failed. After specifying the new instance name using the ORADIM command, I login to the SQLPLUS as SYSDBA and issue the database creation command.

Below is my CREATE DATABASE command:

CREATE DATABASE adley
CONTROLFILE REUSE
LOGFILE
GROUP 1 ('C:\ORACLE\ORADATA\ADLEY\LOG\LOG1.LOG') SIZE 100M, GROUP 2 ('C:\ORACLE\ORADATA\ADLEY\LOG\LOG2.LOG') SIZE 100M MAX INSTANCES 1
MAX LOGFILES 10
MAX LOGMEMBERS 5
MAX DATAFILES 255
DATAFILE 'C:\ORACLE\ORADATA\ADLEY\SYSTEM.DBF' SIZE 300M DEFAULT EMPORARY TABLESPACE TEMP
UNDO TABLESPACE UNDOTBS DATAFILE 'C:\ORACLE\ORADATA\ADLEY\UNDOTBS.DBF' SIZE 100M
ARCHIVELOG
CHARACTER SET US7ASCII
;

The error I received was the "Instance terminated; Disconnection forced" error. I use REUSE for controlfile because on my previous attempt, the controlfiles are already created.

I've never encounter this problem when I'm creating databases on AIX or Solaris. Any ideas what went wrong?

Thanks and Regards.
=adley= Received on Fri May 26 2006 - 03:59:32 CDT