Re: QUESTION: raise_application_error results in ORA-00604...?

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 25 May 2006 17:02:13 -0700

I suggest using select directly against v$session instead of using a sys_context call because back when we were on 8.1.7 the direct select was faster than the use of sys_context.

You should test the call. In a database logon trigger even small 1/100 of a second advantages are important when you consider how many total logon per day take place.

IMHO -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Thu May 25 2006 - 19:02:13 CDT