Re: Q: Reorg an SAP tablespace

From: Brian Peasland <oracle_dba_at_nospam.peasland.net>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 20:11:46 GMT

Instead of a LMT with UNIFORM extent sizes, consider using AUTOALLOCATE. Your extent sizes will not all be the same size, but that is no problem. And you won't have the fragmented free space problem you are running into with DMT's. If Oracle is attempting to allocate a 1MB extent and there are only smaller free extents available, Oracle will automatically break this up and use that smaller space.

HTH,
Brian

Brian Peasland
oracle_dba_at_nospam.peasland.net