Re: Pls Help Interview Question

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: 24 May 2006 12:26:40 -0700

peter wrote:
> I am looking for Oracle DBA.
> even i had one more answer according to which we can drop that
> particular tablespace and work on remaining database.
> But they told me that my answer was right but they were asking about
> any other way through which less data could be lost. even less then
> that.

Perhaps your potential employer had dbv in mind:

dbv FILE=t_db1.dbf FEEDBACK=100

will verify the file supplied and provide a '.' as visual feedback for each 100 pages processed.

Alternatively possibly he/she had the DBMS_REPAIR package as a desired response. The CHECK_OBJECT and FIX_CORRUPT_BLOCKS procedures might be helpful, as well as any of the other available procedures contained therein. Describe the package or consult http://tahiti.oracle.com for a complete listing and description of the various procedures available.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Wed May 24 2006 - 14:26:40 CDT