Re: [ROW ID]Everywhere

From: <xhoster_at_gmail.com>
Date: 24 May 2006 16:25:16 GMT

"Jeroen van den Broek" <jeroen_at_NOSPAM.demon.nl> wrote:
> <jbmorla_at_gmail.com> schreef in bericht
> > Hi,
> >
> > I can't find how MySQL handles row ids in the online manual.
> > Rowids are such a neat feature in Oracle, they have got to be there??

No, they don't.

> > How am I supposed to keep track of a MySQL record if all fields are
> > deleted??

The same way you are susposed to think after shooting yourself in the head. You start by not shooting yourself in the head.

> > Sorry to post this question here, but this problem does not seem to
> > get much interest in the MySQL forums.

So why post here, rather than rec.sports.shooting-self-in-head?

> > Have a nice Oracle day ;-)
> >

> I don't know MySQL, but a Google with oracle+rowid+mysql immediately got
> some usefull links:
>
> http://forums.mysql.com/read.php?61,25654,27273
> http://forums.mysql.com/read.php?10,88446 (+reply!)
>
> So: no, MySQL has no ROWID.

Interesting. The query the OP couldn't translate from Oracle to mysql, also didn't do what he wanted in Oracle in the first place, except by accident.

Xho

Usenet Newsgroup Service                        $9.95/Month 30GB