Re: General purpose auditing of all application generated sqls

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 12:55:10 GMT

On Wed, 24 May 2006 04:02:37 -0700, nirav wrote:

> I need to have a general puropse auditing utility to get all the sql
> sent by the application to the database..this has to be something other
> than sql_trace , tkprof etc.

Why do it the known and documented way when you can invent your own way? There is nothing as useful as re-inventing the wheel, possibly by breaking that dull round shape and adding few interesting corners and spikes.

> there are so often questions like when I do something from the front
> end, which tables are affected in the backend? the front end and the
> application is an n tier j2ee application and we want to have something
> like a stored procedure that a user or developer can executed from his
> own desktop...is that possible?

Yes it is. By enabling the event 10046 for your session and by turning on database auditing. It's also possible by not creating a "database independent" application and by not using lousy "object relational mappers" which create expensive junk.

--
http://www.mgogala.com