Re: Who executed this command

From: Brian Peasland <oracle_dba_at_nospam.peasland.net>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 14:58:52 GMT

nowfal_at_gmail.com wrote:
> I found the following line in the database ALRT log file. Is there any
> way to find out who executed the command (eg, which program, IP
> address, user, etc)?
>
> Tue May 23 09:12:41 2006
> /* OracleOEM */ DROP TABLESPACE "PRINTREQUEST"INCLUDING CONTENTS
> CASCADE CONSTRAINTS
>
> The database is 8.1.7 running on Windows 2000.
>
> Thanks

In 8.1.7, your options are pretty limited. As has been suggested, you can use LogMiner to see who issued the command, but you might find out that the username is SYS or SYSTEM.

In reality, the number of culprits should be pretty low. This is a privileged command and you should be able to count on one hand the number of people who have access to this database that can perform this operation. Why not just ask them who did it?

HTH, Brian

Brian Peasland
oracle_dba_at_nospam.peasland.net
http://www.peasland.net