Re: Metalink Updates

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 22 May 2006 11:42:54 -0700

Mark D Powell wrote:
> The phrase "You will be prompted to change this password the first time
> you login" appears on a new line in my email.
>
> But metalink is definitely having problems. I have managed to login
> earlier today. The system made me reset my password as advertised.
> While following forum threads via the NEXT button I was place on the
> signon page which times out. Later I managed to get to the logon
> screen which rejected my new password. I tried the one Oracle sent
> again. I was taken to the password change page again. I changed my
> password and was following forum threads via NEXT for a couple of
> thread when (you guessed it) I was asked to logon again.
>
> There is no ETA on having a the problem fixed from Oracle support per a
> posting to another forum.
>
> HTH -- Mark D Powell --

I had similar experiences, first couple of tries resulting in No Data or locked up pages (both IE and Netscape, also proxy timeouts at a site that uses them). Wasn't able to find any threads I've participated in (there aren't many, but there are a few in the past year, but I didn't look too hard). Was able to manage current users from places I haven't been at for years :-O Wish I could see SR's from expired CSI's.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/7099/405/1600/anonymous%20blogger.jpg