REPOST: Configuring 10gR1 em agent in VCS cluster

From: Chuck <skilover_nospam_at_bluebottle.com>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 14:27:52 GMT

I posted this about a week ago but did not get an answer so I'm asking again. Any help is appreciated.

I have a two node Veritas cluster. Each node of the cluster has two resource groups. A resource group consists of one EM agent monitoring two listeners, and two databases (each database has it's own listener on it's own unique port #). Under this configuration, since a resource group, and therefor an EM agent, can be running on either node of the cluster, doesn't each EM agent need to be configured with it's own port # that's unique across the entire cluster?

I've searched Metalink for a week now and can't find any mention of clusters in 10gR1, and even the 10gR2 info I find only deals with RAC. This is not RAC.

TIA Received on Mon May 22 2006 - 09:27:52 CDT