Removing Oracle Components

From: Nick <NickFCook_at_gmail.com>
Date: 22 May 2006 05:28:11 -0700

Hello,

I would like to clean up a base oracle install, by removing some of the components that aren't necessary. I would like to accomplish this w/o rebuilding the DB altogether. Can anyone offer advice? Here is where the db stands, followed by where I would like it to be:

Current components:
SQL> select comp_name from dba_registry;

COMP_NAME

Oracle Database Catalog Views
Oracle Database Packages and Types
Oracle Workspace Manager
JServer JAVA Virtual Machine
Oracle XDK
Oracle Database Java Packages
Oracle Expression Filter
Oracle Data Mining
Oracle Text
Oracle XML Database
Oracle Rules Manager

COMP_NAME

Oracle interMedia
OLAP Analytic Workspace
Oracle OLAP API
OLAP Catalog
Spatial
Oracle Enterprise Manager

17 rows selected.

Desired Components
SQL> select comp_name from sys.dba_registry;

COMP_NAME

Oracle Database Catalog Views
Oracle Database Packages and Types
Oracle Workspace Manager
Oracle Enterprise Manager

TIA,
//NC Received on Mon May 22 2006 - 07:28:11 CDT