Re: Oracle 9i FGA

From: <thomas.kyte_at_oracle.com>
Date: 21 May 2006 17:08:32 -0700

Sylvestre wrote:
> Hello Mladen
>
> Yes we need 256 policies because we store reports
> name in this table, and each report
> check report name in, so we can control report
> activity, but we have this problem.

Ok, I am curious.

Why would the fact that you store report names in this table have any impact on the number of policies you need???

I think that much more than say - oh maybe two or three policies - we'd have to have a good discussion about "why".

So, can you elaborate a bit on the logic that would drive you to MORE THAN 256 policies on a SINGLE object??