Flashback Recovery area Full in Oracle 10g

From: ram <ram.chitturi_at_gmail.com>
Date: 21 May 2006 13:42:37 -0700

Hi,

Before the flashback recovery area is full our Archive destination is USE_DB_RECOVERY_FILE_DEST Our DB_RECOVERY_FILE_DEST =/S01/app/oracle/flash_recovery_area/ We got the Error:- ORA-00257
Inorder to resolve the error we changed the log_archive_dest_1='/S01/app/oracle/db/archive' now the archive destination is changed to /S01/app/oracle/db/archive Archive logs getting generated in the above directory from now onwards.

In the mean time i moved all the files from
/S01/app/oracle/flash_recovery_area/

to diff directory.
But the below query gives still the space used is 3935.27 MB, where physically there are no files in /S01/app/oracle/flash_recovery_area/

When will these values in the query update. Is there anything i have to do to reclaim the space 3935.27 MB (in the query below). Now after reclaiming the space, i want to use the Flash Back Recovery area (/S01/app/oracle/flash_recovery_area/) for the archive logs, like a switchback to where we are initially. How to reclaim the space ? How to switch back archive logs to Flash Back Recovery Area (/S01/app/oracle/flash_recovery_area/).

Please the below report for the above conversation.

Sat May 20 page 1
Flash Recovery Area Status

Space Space Reclm
Limit Used Space
File Name (MB) (MB) (MB) Files

/S01/app/oracle/flash_recovery_a 4000.00 3935.27 3935.27 90
rea

Experts share your experience. Appreciate your reply in this regard..........

Thanks Received on Sun May 21 2006 - 15:42:37 CDT