setting up enterprise manager for asm instance

From: steph <stephan0h_at_yahoo.de>
Date: 21 May 2006 05:52:10 -0700

hi all,

i've installed a 10G asm-instance on Linux unsing dbca. it is working ok, but now i wanted to use enterprise manager with it. i found out that it apparantly was not configured with the initial intallation process: in $ORACLE_HOME/install/portlist.ini there is no appropriate entry.

now i wanted to set enterprise manager up with "emca -config dbcontrol db". it asks me among other things for the password of user DBSNMP. here none of the passwords i tried worked - i'm stuck. i tried to change the password from within sqlplus with an alter-user statement but this gives me an" ORA-01109: Database not open". when i try to open the databes with "alter database open" it tells me "ORA-15000: command disallowed witch current instance type". but then, how can i change the passwords? what's the initial password for DBSNMP? (it does not seem to be DBSNMP alghough it is stated in the documentation)

Maybe someone can point me in the right direction with this problem ... and if you only want to tell me that i should read the manuals more thoroughly - please point me to the book and page :-)

thanks,
stephan Received on Sun May 21 2006 - 07:52:10 CDT