Re: An expert on Standby ? ORA-01157 error after adding a new datafile

From: <andrei_ursu_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 19 May 2006 09:45:24 -0700

Thanks to all who tried to help - I appreciate it. FYI, here is the solution that worked for me, which I got from another forum, from Krystian Zieja:

Your mistake was that you setup STANDBY_FILE_MANAGMENT=AUTO on Primary database you should setup it on Standby database.

You can try following it correct it (Warning may not work): On Standby:
Alter system set standby_file_managment=manual rm this datafile from filesystem
alter database create datafile 'path' as 'orginalpath' [size]; alter system set standby_file_managment=auto alter database recover managed standby database disconnect; Received on Fri May 19 2006 - 11:45:24 CDT