Re: pl/sql - lost variable value

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 17 May 2006 14:39:47 -0700

You might be looking into a 10046 level 12 trace to see what is happening in bind variable substitution. See http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/ask/f?p=4950:8:::::F4950_P8_DISPLAYID:6020271977738 (and search for "they were just null") and google for how to read trace files. Metalink Note:171647.1 is a good start if you have access.

> The application is a large client/server app that has been in
> production for over 12 years. I am new to the team and we basically
> work on support and bug fixes/minor enhancements. My Oracle knowledge
> is limited and certainly does not cover anything beyond ER and general
> PL/SQL and SQL skills.
>
> Any help you can offer would be fantastic. I am out of ideas.

You may also be hitting a bug, but hard to tell without a platform. show parameter cursor, anyways.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20060513/news_1mi13dismiss.html