Hot backup ran out of space, now oracle won't open

From: Gregory Bloom <Gregory.Bloom_at_gmail.com>
Date: 17 May 2006 13:34:35 -0700

A hot backup of 10g on Fedora Core 3 ran out of disk space and thus failed. I wouldn't think that'd be the end of the world, but it appears Oracle does. Now when I try to open the database, it says:

ORA-16038: log 2 sequence# 15915 cannot be archived
ORA-16050: destination exceeded specified quota size
ORA-00312: online log 2 thread 1:

'/archive1/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/oradata/orcl/redo02.log'

and refuses to open. The odd thing is that this error appears to me to have been generated when the backup had failed, and not as part of the process of opening the database.

Can anyone suggest a way to get over this problem and get the database back online again? Received on Wed May 17 2006 - 15:34:35 CDT