Re: Weird SQL

From: Steve Howard <stevedhoward_at_gmail.com>
Date: 17 May 2006 12:53:30 -0700

...sorry, I don't think my other reply was correct.

Isn't is just that you are selecting a column from the IN that doesn't exist in the IN?

SQL> select a from (select 1 b from dual); select a from (select 1 b from dual)

       *
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-00904: "A": invalid identifier

SQL> select a from (select 1 a from dual);

         1

SQL> Regards,

Steve Received on Wed May 17 2006 - 14:53:30 CDT