Re: pl/sql - lost variable value

From: Alex <adurrant_at_hatch.ca>
Date: 17 May 2006 06:36:58 -0700

HI,

Sorry, forgot to mention the Oracle version. It's 9i. Unfortunately, the function size is quite large >1000 loc and I am not authorized to post the code.

This function is essentially a wrapper function that calls two dozen or so other validation routines in other packages. I have traced all paths and no path touches these variables. When passed to the subsequent functions they are passed as IN variables only. Furthermore, one of the 3 is never passed to any other function except the one in which it arrives as null.

I am stumped. I think I'll have to follow Vladimir's suggestion below and try refactoring code that has been developed, 'tweaked', added to and generally mucked about with for over 12 years. Yay me!

Thanks for the offer of help.

Alex Received on Wed May 17 2006 - 08:36:58 CDT