Re: Oracle 9i FGA

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 22:10:05 GMT

Sylvestre wrote:
> Hello
>
> In Oracle 10g doc, it is mentionned that we can't
> have more than 256 policies by objects,but in
> 9i there is no trace of this limit, has I have
> some problem with policies wich don't work and as
> we have 282
> policies enabled, I wander if this limit apply to
> 9i ?
>
> Thank you

It probably isn't my place to suggest, but if you have more then 256 policies by objects, my be you should consider advanced security module? FGA is a fairly large burden on the database and having so many high security objects probably warrants either a redesign or purchase of an adequate Oracle module. Hopefully, you not building the national call database?

--
Mladen Gogala
http://www.mgogala.com