Re: Veritas Cluster, 10g EM agent configuration

From: Chuck <skilover_nospam_at_bluebottle.com>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 17:24:41 GMT

NetComrade wrote:
> On Mon, 15 May 2006 21:07:01 GMT, Chuck
> <skilover_nospam_at_bluebottle.com> wrote:
>

>> This is just a simple question that's probably been asked before but I
>> can't find the answer either here or in the Oracle docs.
>>
>> I have a two node Veritas cluster. Each physical node runs two virtual
>> hosts (total of 4 on the cluster). Since there is the possibility of any
>> of the virtual hosts running on either of the physical hosts, shouldn't
>> each 10g EM agent be configured with it's own unique port # in
>> emd.properties relative to the entire cluster? I.e. if there are four
>> VIP's, shouldn't there also be fore unique port #'s used?

> Can you elaborate on your setup? How many databases do you have
> running? Do you have one agent per database? How many veritas groups
> do you have? Why do you have to VIPs per physical node? Do they belong
> to different veritas groups?

> We run Oracle 9iR2,10gR1/2 on RH4/RH3
> remove NSPAM to email

Not one agent per database, but one agent per VIP. Each agent is monitoring two databases and one listener that are part of the same resource group as the VIP. The agent is installed into it's own Oracle home on a filesystem that's part of the same resource group as the VIP.

IOW... A resource group consists of one vip; one agent; one listener; two databases; and the filesystems for the database files, the agent's oracle home, and the SIDs' oracle home.

There are four such resource groups, two on each physical node. Received on Tue May 16 2006 - 12:24:41 CDT