Re: Getting ORA-16026: parameter LOG_ARCHIVE_DEST_1 contains an invalid attribute value

From: Vladimir M. Zakharychev <bob--nospam--_at_dynamicpsp.com>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 12:21:24 +0400

"picksdba" <Utpal.Dhar_at_gmail.com> wrote in message news:1147735398.491959.17980_at_i39g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
>I am getting ORA-16026: parameter LOG_ARCHIVE_DEST_1 contains an
> invalid attribute value.
>
> I modified the database to ARCHIVELOG mode and gave a location for the
> LOG_ARCHIVE_DEST_1 parameter to the spfile using Database Control and
> then rebooted the server and i got this error.
>
> Database version is 10.2.0 and this is for a 2 node RAC installation.
> The Database files are on ASM.
>
> I just want to change the database to NOARCHIVELOG mode. How should i
> do it.

Fire up SQL*Plus on db host console (sqlplus /nolog), and then

connect / as sysdba
shutdown immediate
startup mount
alter database noarchivelog
alter database open

You need to shutdown both instances and then startup only one of them to do the change. You can then startup second instance.

You may also want to fix log_archive_dest_1 parameter so that the next time you decide to switch the db to archivelog mode it won't bark at you like this.

Hth,

   Vladimir M. Zakharychev
   N-Networks, makers of Dynamic PSP(tm)    http://www.dynamicpsp.com Received on Tue May 16 2006 - 03:21:24 CDT