Re: DML through DBLink

From: Colin <colin.fraser_at_riverfern.co.uk>
Date: 15 May 2006 07:05:34 -0700

d.mincheva_at_gmail.com wrote:
> Hi all,
> I have a job which executes a stored procedure "A" in database "D1".
> "A" calls the procedure "B" stored in database "D2" through DBLink. "B"
> is compiled with autonomous_transaction pragma. My question is does "A"
> know if "B" has finished its execution? The reason to ask this question
> is that sometimes "A" never ends eventhough "B" has finished.
> Thanks in advance!

I think the point here is that you've used an autonomous transaction! Once you fire this off you get an immediate return to the calling module and you'd never know if it had finished normally, hung forever, or fallen in a heap!

Do you really need "B" to be autonomous?

Luck,

Colin Received on Mon May 15 2006 - 09:05:34 CDT