Re: Oracle 10G R2 Data Guard on VMWARE

From: makkalina <makulev_at_gmx.net>
Date: 15 May 2006 01:25:10 -0700

Hi TIA,
I have done this setup several times.
 It IS working.
>From Oracle point of view there is no difference whether do you have 2
separate machines or 2 WMware VMs.
Bear in mind that each VM should be viewed /that is actually the idea of VMWARE VMs/
as separate server (own IP address, own ORACLE_HOME, listener etc ). Do not expect performance from this setup /when using WMWARE Workstation/.
This setup can be used to learn DB and stby functionality, though.

HTH. Milen