Re: Unique index lock

From: <sasha_at_literal.ru>
Date: 14 May 2006 23:52:08 -0700

> I have no idea what you did or precisely what you are trying to do.
> Why would Tx2 wait for Tx1 ... they are both inserts? Is there a primary
> key constraint? Why is your application written in such a way that
> insert deadlocks are possible? What version number?
> --
> Daniel A. Morgan
> University of Washington
> damorgan_at_x.washington.edu
> (replace x with u to respond)
> Puget Sound Oracle Users Group
> www.psoug.org

I tried this example on 9.2.0.1 and on 10.2.0.1. The situation has no diffenerence, with or without primary key. The problem is what I (or some 'user') insert the SAME values of unique-preserved field -- this leads to blocking. Not deadlock (1st session keeps working), but the 2nd session waits for the 1st. Received on Mon May 15 2006 - 01:52:08 CDT