Re: doubt about ASM

From: Jagjeet Singh <jagjeet.malhi_at_gmail.com>
Date: 14 May 2006 07:42:34 -0700

Thanks for replying.

One more thing, I have created a tablespace test and use ASM as it's storage.
It took the path '+DG_EXT/DB_1/DATAFILE/TEST_1.166.1 And i want to rename it like test.dbf. I created the asm alias.

I added --
alter diskgroup DG_EXT add alias '+DG_EXT/DB_1/DATAFILE/TEST.dbf' for -- actual path of that datafile.

But still oracle has not rename this file.

Should I take tablespace offline and rename that datafile to alias. Is this the only ?

Regards,
Js Received on Sun May 14 2006 - 09:42:34 CDT