Re: re-generate oraInventory?

From: NetComrade <netcomradeNSPAM_at_bookexchange.net>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2006 10:41:10 -0400

On Fri, 12 May 2006 17:55:42 -0400, NetComrade <netcomradeNSPAM_at_bookexchange.net> wrote:

>Is this possible? or are my only options to either reinstall binaries,
>or 'hack' the Opatch script to not update it?

I had multiple homes (9iR2, 10gR2 enterprise, 10gR2 standard) The ones that are currently not in orainventory are 9i and 10gR2 enterprise (I had to reinstall standard many times, and fried the inventory at some point).

Anyway, I started the installer on 9.2.0.4 installation files, and all it seemed to do is create the oraInventory.. patching to 9.2.0.7 didn't do anything ('no files need patching')..

The OPatch now works.

We run Oracle 9.2.0.6 on RH4 AMD
we are currently looking for a DBA
remove NSPAM to email Received on Sun May 14 2006 - 09:41:10 CDT