Re: Import Dump in Linux

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2006 12:40:49 +0200

On Sun, 14 May 2006 15:35:25 +0900, "takesiro" <takesiro_at_coral.ocn.ne.jp> wrote:

>Thank you for your answer.
>I understand charactor set is defined by database, and I have a question.
>I had changed database charactor set before.
>And I tried import data. I encounterd IMP-00031 error.
>Is that mean "need FROMUSER and TOUSER".

imp-0031 is a catch-all generic error message, and is always accompanied by another error message, IIRC Without the exact error message who can tell.

Top-posting is a form of brutality showing basic laziness, and doesn't recognize the fact that must humans (even those brainwashed by the Microsoft Evil Empire) read from top to bottom, instead of from bottom to top.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA