Re: RMAN help

From: newbie <rjngh2005_at_gmail.com>
Date: 13 May 2006 06:51:21 -0700

Thanks for your reply

what I got from your messages is

a) On Sunday a cold backup was done
b) monday, tuesday, wednesday a rman backup was done
c) we lost the database on wednesday after rman backup.

procedure is
a) recover sunday cold backup (hence we have the database with control file and other files)
b) start rman
c) rman target=/ nocatalog

                    (this will connect to the database and the
nocatalog specifies DONOT use catalog which is stored in control file) d) recover database;
(this will recover database from rman backup)

of course all configuration defaults have been set which should have been recovered in Sunday cold backup.

I hope I got my stuff right. Received on Sat May 13 2006 - 08:51:21 CDT