Re: re-generate oraInventory?

From: Gerry Sinkiewicz <sinkiege_at_snet.net>
Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 01:21:21 GMT

"NetComrade" <netcomradeNSPAM_at_bookexchange.net> wrote in message news:c11a621tkdia3vl5k1tnhekfk2ccjjkhsg_at_4ax.com...
> Is this possible? or are my only options to either reinstall binaries,
> or 'hack' the Opatch script to not update it?
>
> Thanks
> We run Oracle 9.2.0.6 on RH4 AMD
> we are currently looking for a DBA
> remove NSPAM to email

Re-install would be easier.
Take cold backup.
remove the inventory pointer file.
remove the /xxx/app/oracle/product/9.2.0/* files and directories (save tnsnames.ora, sqlnet.ora, and listener.ora if they are in normal position and see $ORACLE_HOME/cpu/.).

setenv ORACLE_HOME, ORACLE _SID, etc. and install, then apply patchset, and CPU's to bring it back
to where it was (see $ORACLE_HOME/cpu/ for which CPU's have been applied). Received on Fri May 12 2006 - 20:21:21 CDT