Re: 'MSDAORA' was unable to begin a distributed transaction - why?! (SQL <-> Oracle)

From: <ammar_fake_at_vip.hr>
Date: 12 May 2006 10:53:15 -0700

Hi Mark!
Actually, I'm not quite sure what driver am I useing for my linked server. It just says "Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Oracle", so I guessed it's the same driver mentioned in the ODBC portion of the system settings. What would be the best way to find out that driver and version the linked server is using?

Unfortunatelly, I can't replace the driver that easily as I'm not the administrator of the server involved.

I'm performing read-only operations in Oracle only, so as far as I'm concerned, I need no transactions at all (at least for the trigger segment), but the answer your question - yes, I do have privileges to update the records from the Oracle table, I guess I also have the delete permissions but am afraid to try it out since it's the procudtion enviroment on the Oracle side. How do I find ou tin whose security context the linked server runs in? Received on Fri May 12 2006 - 12:53:15 CDT