10.2g install "Cannot execute binary file"

From: Cliff Burdick <shaklee3_at_gmail.com>
Date: 12 May 2006 08:27:01 -0700

Hi, I am trying to install Oracle 10.2g on an IBM x 366 e-series server. The server is running dual 64-bit xeons according to the IBM specs. I downloaded the x86-64 bit edition of Oracle 10.2g and whenever I run the installer I get "Cannot execute binary file". Most people think it is because of an architecture mismatch from what I have searched, but I think I have the right version for me machine since the only other 64-bit edition is for itanium and this is EMT64 (I think). Does anyone know a fix for this? Also, my binaries are executable so that is not the problem. Received on Fri May 12 2006 - 10:27:01 CDT