Re: 'MSDAORA' was unable to begin a distributed transaction - why?! (SQL <-> Oracle)

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 12 May 2006 08:15:58 -0700

I would want my Oracle client version on the SQL Server box to match the target Oracle database version if possible. The Oracle clients are free and available for download off technet: http://otn.oracle.com.

Does the Oracle username (ID) being used in the linked database definition have the delete object privilege for the table in question? And whose security context does the linked database run in?

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Fri May 12 2006 - 10:15:58 CDT