Re: development tool for oracle and sql server

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: 12 May 2006 03:42:18 -0700

Jeremy wrote:
> OK thanks - I knew about these capabilities (I even developed an app
> using the MS word SDK once talking to Oracle) but thought (hoped!) you
> were suggesting that Word might be able to some kind of fancy stuff
> using http.

Not directly, as far as I know. You can always produce the document using Word and then convert it to html. But direct html production, not that I know of. Still, might be worth checking the latest XML capabilities in Word: they might just be the ticket for that.

However, I still have a mental blockage in terms of producing reports with html: can't think of a language less appropriate for the task. XML maybe will be there one day. But html? No way. Received on Fri May 12 2006 - 05:42:18 CDT