Re: kill his sessions

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 14:49:29 -0700

astalavista wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What role/privilege can I give to a user
> so he can kill his own sessions ? and not the others
> alter session seems too much to me , no ?
>
> Thanks in advance ...

Depends on the situation. As Mark indicates one answer is ALTER SYSTEM. On the other hand if the user has access to the server then KILL or ORAKILL can be used.

Rather than granting the privilege it is safer to write a stored procedure, owned by a DBA account, that allows users to kill their own, and ONLY their own, sessions.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington