Re: 'MSDAORA' was unable to begin a distributed transaction - why?! (SQL <-> Oracle)

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 11 May 2006 13:21:59 -0700

What version of the Oracle client is installed on the SQL Server box? I ask because with vesion 8.1 I believe that the Oracle OLE support routines were installed automatically as part of a normal Oracle client install, but with my 9.2 client install I had to run a second custom install to get the OLE piece. I did not have to configure any of the Windows registry entries manually. I just did the two part Oracle client install and created the link database and our queries were working. With the 8.1 version I only had to do the Oracle client install to get our linked queries to work. I cannot say if the MS developers use the linked database from within table triggers.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Thu May 11 2006 - 15:21:59 CDT