ORACLE Variables Linux bash, please help!

From: Lanying & Manfred <manfis_at_t-online.de>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 12:27:06 +0200

Hello

I've installed ORACLE 10g SUSE LINUX 9 Enterprise Edition. User is oracle, group oinstall, dba. Works fine. Beeing connected as user oracle, I can start sqlplus, em, isqlplus, exp, imp rman. All works fine. I've added a new user, let me say codd. I've copied the profile of oracle cp /home/oracle/.profile to /home/codd/.profile and started the .profile
. ./.profile
ORACLE_HOME; ORACLE_BASE, ORACLE_SID, LD_LIBRARY_PATH and PATH is set!

When starting sqlplus, I get a message:

bash sqlplus command not found

I'm a Linux Greenhorn!

I think, nobody should work with Oracle database connected as oracle user!

Please help me!

Lanying Received on Thu May 11 2006 - 05:27:06 CDT