RMAN help

From: newbie <rjngh2005_at_gmail.com>
Date: 10 May 2006 15:53:15 -0700

RMAN Help

I am running a database where I am using a RMAN script to backup the database.
The start of the script is rman target=\ This stores all information in the controlfile of the same database it is backing up.

I take cold backups on every sunday.

if the database has been backed up on monday, tuesday, wednesday with the above rman technique and if
the database crashes will it be an issue ?

If the database crashes between Thursday and friday RMAN backup how do I recover ?

Do I restore cold backup of Sunday and then start to roll forward with rman backup of monday, tuesday, wednesday and thursday?

If so considering that the contolfile contains the information of the rman backup How is this done Received on Wed May 10 2006 - 17:53:15 CDT