Re: ORA-00036 maximum number of recursive SQL levels (string) exceeded

From: EdStevens <quetico_man_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 9 May 2006 15:25:09 -0700

Joel Garry wrote:
> Kind of a reach, but are you tracing?
> https://metalink.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/f?p=130:3:860659775836546959::::p3_database_id,p3_docid,p3_show_header,p3_show_help,p3_black_frame,p3_font:NOT,343736.1,1,1,1,helvetica
>
> Just for jollies, check MAX_TRANSACTION_BRANCHES and
> DISTRIBUTED_TRANSACTIONS on the 8 side (though it looks like the 10
> side is throwing the error - are you sure it doesn't have more links?).
>
> I think you are going to have to have a 9 in between.
>
> jg
> --
> @home.com is bogus.
> http://www.wired.com/news/culture/0,70850-0.html?tw=rss.index

Thanks for the reply, Joel.

Yep, I tried tracing, and also messed with DISTRIBUTED_TRANSACTIONS on the 8 side. Tried bumping it up to 80, also tried reducing it to zero.  No impact either way. I knew this was a long shot, but I always work under the assumption that "there are unknown unknowns" so hate to give up without checking around. Received on Tue May 09 2006 - 17:25:09 CDT