Veritas Cluster / Oracle9i

From: Vic <victor.engle_at_gmail.com>
Date: 9 May 2006 11:19:50 -0700

Hello Group,

I have 2 Solaris V880s running 7 instances in 3 failover groups. Usually we have 1 group on one system and the other 2 on the other. We had a problem over the weekend and ended up bringing the instances up outside the cluster. Also all instances and associated storage and virtual IPs are currently on the same node.

My question is this, can I simply start the cluster now on the node running all the instances and just probe resources to get everything back in the cluster or do I need to shutdown instances and bring them up in the cluster?

Thanks,
Vic Received on Tue May 09 2006 - 13:19:50 CDT