Re: doubt about ASM

From: Vladimir M. Zakharychev <vladimir.zakharychev_at_gmail.com>
Date: 9 May 2006 08:06:12 -0700

>But after removing both disks [ Disk1 and Disk3 ] still I was able to
>select data from both tables
>I flushed the buffer cache but still was able to select the data.

Well, to be certain about these removed disks you would need to query V$ASM_DISK in *ASM instance* - this would show you if the disks are really gone or ASM can still see them.

>I was hoping inserts for normal disk would be slow as oracle
>has to write in both failgroups.

Since all I/O is done asynchonously, the difference should be negligible - ASM simply issues two asynchonous write requests to two disks.

Regards,

    Vladimir M. Zakharychev
    N-Networks, makers of Dynamic PSP(tm)     http://www.dynamicpsp.com Received on Tue May 09 2006 - 10:06:12 CDT