Re: doubt about ASM

From: Jagjeet Singh <jagjeet.malhi_at_gmail.com>
Date: 8 May 2006 18:20:01 -0700

Hmm..

Suppose. we have 4 disk 300mb each.

Create Diskgroup Dg1 normal redundancy
failgroup 1 'disk1','disk2'
failgroup 2 'disk3','disk4'

I have two failgroup. It means oracle will copy each extent into these two extents.
Now I lost my two disks .. "disk1 and disk2".

So.. in this case should I use 300mb in order to have data redundancy. Will oracle do mirroring between the same failgroup ? ...

Regards,
Js Received on Mon May 08 2006 - 20:20:01 CDT